Open Heaven 9 May 2020 Saturday – HE NEXT LEVEL
Open Heaven 9 May 2020 Memorise: The Lord shall increase you more and more, you and your children. Psalm 115:14
Read: 2nd Kings 6:1-4 Open Heaven 9 May 2020
1 And the sons of the prophets said unto Elisha, Behold now, the place where we dwell with thee is too strait for us.
2 Let us go, we pray thee, unto Jordan, and take thence every man a beam, and let us make us a place there, where we may dwell. And he answered, Go ye.
3 And one said, Be content, I pray thee, and go with thy servants. And he answered, I will go.
4 So he went with them. And when they came to Jordan, they cut down wood.
Open Heaven 9 May 2020
Bible in one year: Psalm 50, 53, 60, 75
Hymnal: Sing hymn 19
Message: – Open Heaven 9 May 2020 Saturday Daily Devotional
God loves increase. In His first blessing on mankind, He asked man to multiply and be fruitful (Genesis 1:28). If anything, this means stagnation is never a part of God’s plan for you.
“Let us go, we pray thee, unto Jordan, and take thence every man a beam, and let us make us a place there, where we may dwell. And he answered, Go ye.” 2nd Kings 6:2
As with Elisha in 2nd Kings 6:1-4, my spiritual children in the RCCG usually seek my permission for the execution of one project or the other. To the glory of God, I support and encourage them. What lessons can be learn from this?
- The vision of expansion is not a burden of the leader alone. From today’s Bible reading, we see that the expansion idea was initiated by the sons of the prophet.
- Elisha’s ‘sons’ did not only propose the expansion they were also actively involved. Expansion requires commitment for it to be achieved.
- The sons recognised authority. They knew the implications of not involving their master. Imagine what would have happened when they lost the axe-head in the river Jordan if they hadn’t involved their master earlier. Today, some subordinates sideline their superiors because of self-glory or material gains only for them to fail.
- As a leader, do not kill the vision of your followers. Like Elisha, encourage them.
- Elisha was a servant-leader. Despite his position, he went to the field with his spiritual sons. Even when the axe-head was lost, he did not upbraid any of them; he just asked questions, performed a miracle and the project was a success (2nd Kings 6:6). We should emulate him.
From now, as you follow the Lord and obey His word, He will grant you great success in every project you embark upon in the mighty name of Jesus.
Prayer Point – Open Heaven 9 May 2020 Saturday
Father, please take me to the next level of expansion today in the mighty name of Jesus.