Open Heaven 8 May 2022 Memorize: The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee, and unto thy seed for ever. And he went out from his presence a leper as white as snow. 2 Kings 5:27
Bible Reading 2 Kings 5:20-27 Open Heaven 8 May 2022
20. But Gehazi, the servant of Elisha the man of God, said, Behold, my master hath spared Naaman this Syrian, in not receiving at his hands that which he brought: but, as the LORD liveth, I will run after him, and take somewhat of him.
21. So Gehazi followed after Naaman. And when Naaman saw him running after him, he lighted down from the chariot to meet him, and said, Is all well?
22. And he said, All is well. My master hath sent me, saying, Behold, even now there be come to me from mount Ephraim two young men of the sons of the prophets: give them, I pray thee, a talent of silver, and two changes of garments.
23. And Naaman said, Be content, take two talents. And he urged him, and bound two talents of silver in two bags, with two changes of garments, and laid them upon two of his servants; and they bare them before him.
24. And when he came to the tower, he took them from their hand, and bestowed them in the house: and he let the men go, and they departed.
25. But he went in, and stood before his master. And Elisha said unto him, Whence comest thou, Gehazi? And he said, Thy servant went no whither.
26. And he said unto him, Went not mine heart with thee, when the man turned again from his chariot to meet thee? Is it a time to receive money, and to receive garments, and oliveyards, and vineyards, and sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and maidservants?
27. The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee, and unto thy seed for ever. And he went out from his presence a leper as white as snow.
Open Heaven 8 May 2022
Bible Reading In One Year: 2 Chronicles 12:1-16, 2 Chronicles 13:1-22, 2 Chronicles 14:1-15, 2 Chronicles 15:1-19
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 8 May 2022 Sunday Daily Devotional
It is important to make the right choices in life, especially because ones children could also be affected by them. When the army that invaded Sodom took Lot into captivity in Genesis 14:8-12, they didn’t leave his children at home. The children were taken into captivity because their father made the choice to stay in Sodom. Kora, Dathan and Abiram decided to oppose Moses and they died with all their family members (Numbers 16:28-33).
Gehazi decided to follow Naaman to get some gifts, even though he knew his master would not approve. When Elisha cursed Gehazi with leprosy, he said it would be on him and his seed forever (2 Kings 5:27). In Daniel 6, when some people decided to plot against Daniel so that he could die in the lions den, their children were not called to the meeting; however, when Daniel came out of the den alive and the king summoned those who plotted so that he could throw them in the lions den, he asked that their wives and children suffer the same consequences.
It may interest you to know that the choices of your relatives and close friends also have an impact on you. Thus, when a relative is making wrong choices, warn him or her because when trouble comes, the fellow wouldn’t be the only one to suffer. This is particularly true of your children. If your child is going the wrong way, warn the child and do everything in your power to ensure that he or she returns to the godly path.
Proverbs 29:15 says: “The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.”
Even if a person does not suffer anything as a direct result of not correcting his or her child, such a person would still experience shame and this is a terrible thing. The elders say that one can get embarrassed once, but shame lasts forever. You don’t want to live in shame forever just because you did not warn your child when he or she started going wrong.
You therefore need to be very particular about the choices your children make. Don’t just leave them to themselves – guide them, while depending on the Holy Spirit to help you know which way is best for the child.
Prayer Point – Open Heaven 8 May 2022
Father, help me to guide my children to always make godly choices in life, in Jesus name.