Open Heaven 6 February 2022 Memorise: For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease. Job 14:7
READ: Luke 7:36-48 Open Heaven 6 February 2022
36. And one of the Pharisees desired him that he would eat with him. And he went into the Pharisee’s house, and sat down to meat.
37. And, behold, a woman in the city, which was a sinner, when she knew that Jesus sat at meat in the Pharisee’s house, brought an alabaster box of ointment,
38. And stood at his feet behind him weeping, and began to wash his feet with tears, and did wipe them with the hairs of her head, and kissed his feet, and anointed them with the ointment.
39. Now when the Pharisee which had bidden him saw it, he spake within himself, saying, This man, if he were a prophet, would have known who and what manner of woman this is that toucheth him: for she is a sinner.
40. And Jesus answering said unto him, Simon, I have somewhat to say unto thee. And he saith, Master, say on.
41, There was a certain creditor which had two debtors: the one owed five hundred pence, and the other fifty.
42. And when they had nothing to pay, he frankly forgave them both. Tell me therefore, which of them will love him most?
43. Simon answered and said, I suppose that he, to whom he forgave most. And he said unto him, Thou hast rightly judged.
44. And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.
45. Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.
46. My head with oil thou didst not anoint: but this woman hath anointed my feet with ointment.
47. Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.
48. And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.
Open Heaven 6 February 2022
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 19:1-37, Leviticus 20:1-27, Leviticus 21:1-24
Message – Open Heaven 6 February 2022 Sunday Daily Devotional
From the time of creation to date, sin or disobedience to God has been the greatest mistake man has ever made. God frowns at all sins no matter how we choose to categorize them. It is bad enough when sin is committed from time to time, even in ignorance. However, it becomes even worse when sinfulness becomes a lifestyle. The Bible refers to such people as stiff-necked, reprobates, unrepentant sinners, backsliders, or children of perdition.
Living in sin is so abominable to God that it carries the ultimate penalty. That is why Romans 6:23 says, For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
There is nothing glorious in living a sinful lifestyle. The following Bible passages speak volumes about Gods hatred for sin. Psalms 104:35 says, Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more.
Isaiah 3:11 also says, Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him: For the reward of his hands shall be given him. Ecclesiastes 8:13 also clearly states, But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he feareth not before God.
Finally, Hosea 4:7 also says, as they were increased, so they sinned against me: therefore will I change their glory into shame. Gods view of sin and His judgment against sinners is clearly revealed in the above Bible passages.
Hence, separation from God which is spiritual death, termination of life which is physical death, condemnation to eternity in hell which is the second death and other terrible consequences, await everyone living in sin in this world. I am therefore appealing that you come to Jesus today and be converted, so that you may receive help to stop living a sinful lifestyle.
In today’s Bible reading, the woman seemed to know that coming to Jesus would transform her life positively. She was unwavering in her pursuit of the Saviour, and in return for her seeds of love, she reaped mercy and pardon. Whosoever comes to Jesus shall not be disappointed. Come to Jesus today!
PRAYER POINT:- Open Heaven 6 February 2022
Father, please set me totally free from sin by Your grace and mercy, in Jesus name.
Open Heaven 6 February 2022 Sunday Hymn
HYMN: O WORSHIP THE KING
1. O worship the King,
All glorious above,
O gratefully sing
His power and His love;
Our Shield and Defender,
The Ancient of Days,
Pavilioned in splendour,
And girded with praise.
2. O tell of His might,
O sing of His grace,
Whose robe is the light,
Whose canopy space.
His chariots of wrath
The deep thunder-clouds form,
And dark is His path
On the wings of the storm.
3. Thy bountiful care,
What tongue can recite?
It breathes in the air,
It shines in the light,
It streams from the hills,
It descends to the plain,
And sweetly distils
In the dew and the rain.
4. Frail children of dust,
And feeble as frail;
In Thee do we trust,
Nor find Thee to fail;
Thy mercies, how tender,
How firm to the end,
Our maker, Defender,
Redeemer, and Friend!
5. O measureless Might!
While angels delight
To hymn Thee above,
The humbler creation,
Though feeble their lays,
With true adoration,
Shall lisp to Thy praise.