Open Heaven 5 March 2022 Memorise: Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. Romans 8:34
Bible Reading: 1 Timothy 2:1-8 Open Heaven 5 March 2022
1. I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2. For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4. Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6. Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
7. Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.
8. I will therefore that men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
Open Heaven 5 March 2022
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Deuteronomy 29:1-29, Deuteronomy 30:1-20, Deuteronomy 31:1-30
Message:- Open Heaven 5 March 2022 Saturday Daily Devotional
We would continue with the discussion we started yesterday on the benefits of intercessions. In our Bible reading today, we are exhorted expressly to engage in intercessions for all men and specifically for our leaders. In this text we see some important benefits of interceding for our leaders.
The Bible says our intercession for our leaders will cause us to lead a quiet and peaceful life in all godliness and honesty. This is very important because living under an ungodly leader will promote corruption, as well as a departure from the faith.
The Bible says, when the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn (Proverbs 29:2). In order not to mourn therefore, we must intercede for our leaders spiritual, political and so on.
Believers must therefore not join the world in cursing our leaders but rather pray for them so we can lead a peaceful and godly life. Intercession can also bring about a positive transformation in the life of the intercessor. In Job 42:10 we see that the Lord turned around the captivity of Job after he prayed for his friends.
We should also note that Job prayed for his friends while he was still in distress and under intense attack from the enemy. This tells us that God expects us to engage in intercession irrespective of the situation we may be faced with and He will reward our labour of love.
Another benefit of intercession is revealed in the effect it has on unbelievers. When we intercede for sinners that they may be saved, our society will be safe for us to live in. As a matter of fact, law enforcement agents may eventually go on holidays when people are converted from criminal tendencies as a result of our intercession.
In addition, our intercessory efforts would complement the work of our Great Intercessor – Jesus Christ, who is presently at the right hand of God, interceding for us. As followers of Christ, we must emulate Him and commit to a lifestyle of interceding for all men.
Prayer Point – Open Heaven 5 March 2022
Put up an intercessory programme for some specific people who need divine intervention in your locality.
Open Heaven 5 March 2022 Saturday Hymn
HYMN: SWEET HOUR OF PRAYER
1 Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!
that calls me from a world of care,
and bids me at my Father’s throne
make all my wants and wishes known.
In seasons of distress and grief,
my soul has often found relief,
and oft escaped the tempter’s snare
by thy return, sweet hour of prayer!
2. Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!
the joys I feel, the bliss I share
of those whose anxious spirits
burn with strong desires for thy return!
With such I hasten to the place
where God my Savior shows his face,
and gladly take my station there,
and wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!
3. Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer!
thy wings shall my petition bear
to him whose truth and faithfulness
engage the waiting soul to bless.
And since he bids me seek his face,
believe his word, and trust his grace,
I’ll cast on him my every care,
and wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!