Open Heaven 4 October 2022 Memorize: I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:14
Bible Reading: JOHN 5:1-11 Open Heaven 4 October 2022
1. After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
2. Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.
3. In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.
4. For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.
5. And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years.
6. When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole?
7. The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me.
8. Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk.
9. And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath.
10. The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed.
11. He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk.
Open Heaven 4 October 2022
Bible Reading In One Year: Zephaniah 1:1-18, Zephaniah 2:1-15, Zephaniah 3:1-20, Haggai 2:1-23
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 4 October 2022 Tuesday Daily Devotional
One other way by which demons operate is what is called suppression. Suppression is when the fellow being tormented is already down and the enemy is making sure he doesn’t rise. The man at the pool of Bethesda was beside it, hoping to get his healing.
Every year, he saw people get healed, yet he remained on the same spot. There are people who have been on the same spot for several years spiritually – in their careers, financially and so on. That suppression is over now, in Jesus name.
Many people take it lightly when they have been on the same spot for years. They don’t realise that they are giving an opportunity to demons to suppress them. The day the veil is removed from their eyes and they fight back, then they will move forward. You will move forward in Jesus name.
The man at the pool of Bethesda was in front of the Lord Jesus Christ who could heal him, yet he didn’t ask for healing. I decree that the Lord will move you forward Himself today. You will begin to soar high, in Jesus name. When I was studying for my Masters of Science at the University of Lagos, there was a man there who was an assistant lecturer. After completing my studies, I became a staff of the University, obtained my Ph.D. and got promoted to a higher level than this man. That mans experience is a classic case of suppression. The solution to suppression is in Gods anointing.
Isaiah 10:27 says that anointing will break the yoke that the devil puts on a person to limit his movement. The man at the pool of Bethesda stayed there because he wanted to contact the anointing that flowed there once a year. Thank God he met the anointed One Himself and that day, the yoke was broken.
In Acts 3:2-11, on the day the man at the Beautiful Gate came in contact with the anointing, he began walking and leaping and praising God. Blind Bartimaeus had been in the same spot for many years too but screamed at the top of his voice for Jesus to have mercy on him. He did not stop until the Lord had mercy on him and broke the yoke of the devil in his life.
Prayer Point: Open Heavens 4 October 2022 Tuesday
Cry to God for mercy and ask Him to break the yoke of stagnation in your life.
Open Heaven 4 October 2022 Tuesday Hymn
Hymn: Onward Christian Soldiers
1. Onward, Christian soldiers,
marching as to war,
Looking unto Jesus
Who is gone before;
Christ, the Royal Master,
Leads against the foe;
Forward into battle,
See his banner go.
Onward, Christian soldiers,
marching as to war,
Looking unto Jesus
Who is gone before.
2. At the name of Jesus,
Satan’s host doth flee;
On then, Christian
soldiers, on to victory!
Hell’s foundations quiver
at the shout of praise;
Brothers, lift your voices,
loud your anthems raise!
3. Like a mighty army
moves the church of God;
Brothers, we are treading
where the saints have trod;
We are not divided;
all one body we,
One in hope and
doctrine, one in charity.
4. Crowns and thrones may perish,
Kingdoms rise and wane;
But the Church of Jesus
Constant will remain:
Gates of hell can never
‘Gainst that Church prevail;
We have Christ’s own promise-
And that cannot fail.
5. Onward, then, ye people,
join our happy throng,
Blend with ours your
voices in the triumph song;
Glory, praise, and
honour, unto Christ the King;
This through countless ages,
Men and angels sing.