Open Heaven 3 September 2022 Memorize: And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead. Luke 16:3
Bible Reading: Luke 16:19-31 Open Heaven 3 September 2022
19. There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20. And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21. And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23. And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
27. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father’s house:
28. For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
Open Heaven 3 September 2022
Bible Reading In One Year: Jeremiah 41:1-18, Jeremiah 42:1-22, Jeremiah 43:1-13, Jeremiah 44:1-30, Jeremiah 45:1-5
Message: Open Heaven 3 September 2022 Saturday Daily Devotional
Imagine there is a robbery on the street next to yours land your neighbour comes to inform you about it. I’m sure you would immediately take all necessary precautions to ensure that you don’t get robbed too. If we care so much about our earthly possessions, why then don’t we care about our souls? The rich man told Abraham that if someone did not go back from the dead to warn his brothers about hell, they would not listen to the prophets around them.
Abraham responded that if they didn’t listen to the prophets, they would likewise not listen to a resurrected Lazarus. If you are ignoring the preachers warning you about hell now, you are already on your way there. Even though many people have died and come back to life with stories about heaven and hell, some people have still not repented. If the message of Jesus Christ is not enough for you to repent from your sins, I don’t know what greater message can make you do so.
“For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.” Hebrews 10:26-27.
If you continue to ignore the gospel of Christ or commit sin even when you know the anguish of hell, then you are toying with eternal damnation. Many times, the dead wish that they could tell us what is happening on the other side but they can’t communicate with us here.
While many are suffering in hell, some of their family members on earth are basking in the pleasures of sin, unaware of the dangers that await them if they don’t repent. There are also many in heaven constantly hoping that all their family members make it to heaven too.
A man who went to heaven and came back shared his story. He said whenever someone gives his life to Christ, there is great rejoicing in heaven because the fellow has escaped damnation. However, when a Christian backslides, they are all sad because the fellow will be heading for hell. Brethren, God has sent me to you today to warn you about the life after. Live holy so that you will end up in heaven and not hell.
Key Point – Open Heaven 3 September 2022
Set aside every weight of sin so that you can win the race to heaven. If you don’t go to heaven, the only other option is hell.
Open Heaven 3 September 2022 Saturday Hymn
I’m Pressing on the Upward Way
1. I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.”
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith, on Heaven’s tableland,
A higher plane than I have found;
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
2. My heart has no desire to stay
Where doubts arise, and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where those abound,
My prayer, my aim, is higher ground.
3. Beyond the mist I fain would rise,
To rest beneath unclouded skies,
Above earth’s turmoil peace is found
By those who dwell on higher ground.
4. I long to scale the utmost height,
Though rough the way, and hard the fight,
My song, while climbing, shall resound
Lord, lead me on to higher ground.
5. Lord, lead me up the mountain side
I dare not climb without my Guide;
And, heaven gained, I’ll gaze around,
With grateful heart from higher ground.