Open Heaven 29 March 2022 Memorise: And by thy sword shalt thou live, and shalt serve thy brother; and it shall come to pass when thou shalt have the dominion, that thou shalt break his yoke from off thy neck. Genesis 27:40
Bible Reading: Genesis 27:37-40 Open Heaven 29 March 2022
37. And Isaac answered and said unto Esau, Behold, I have made him thy lord, and all his brethren have I given to him for servants; and with corn and wine have I sustained him: and what shall I do now unto thee, my son?
38. And Esau said unto his father, Hast thou but one blessing, my father? bless me, even me also, O my father. And Esau lifted up his voice, and wept.
39. And Isaac his father answered and said unto him, Behold, thy dwelling shall be the fatness of the earth, and of the dew of heaven from above;
40. And by thy sword shalt thou live, and shalt serve thy brother; and it shall come to pass when thou shalt have the dominion, that thou shalt break his yoke from off thy neck.
Open Heaven 29 March 2022
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 18:1-30, 1 Samuel 19:1-24
Message:- Open Heaven 29 March 2022 Tuesday Daily Devotional
We discussed fruitfulness as proof of dominion yesterday. Today we shall look at various means by which we can be fruitful and have dominion. Hard work is one of the major means of fruitfulness. The Bible says, The thoughts of the diligent tend only to plenteousness; but of every one that is hasty only to want (Proverbs 21:5 ). Laziness is not a Christian virtue. As a matter of fact, the Bible says this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat (2 Thessalonians 3:10).
Diligence is so potent that it can be rightly said that nothing shall be impossible for the diligent. Dominion through diligence destroyed the yoke of Jacob on the neck of his careless brother, Esau. Even after he had lost his blessing to Jacob, Esau insisted that the father should give him the leftover of the blessings which his brother took from him.
On Jacobs return journey to his father’s house, he was met with Esau who already had dominion. It is interesting to read that the man who got the blessing through crooked means was trembling before the one he had cheated of it.
“And he passed over before them, and bowed himself to the ground seven times, until he came near to his brother. And Esau ran to meet him, and embraced him, and fell on his neck, and kissed him: and they wept. Genesis 33:3-4”
The wives and children of Jacob came in succession to greet and bow before Esau. When Jacob tried to bribe his way into having peace with his brother the second time, the brother said he did not need Jacobs wealth.
This is because he himself was already blessed to the extent that he had a personal army of four hundred men. (Genesis 33:1, 8-11). Esau told Jacob he had enough; this was from a leftover blessing. Diligence indeed leads to greatness, which in turn leads to dominion. Commit to being diligent in all you do (Ecclesiastes 9:10) and you will indeed have dominion.
Prayer Point: – Open Heaven 29 March 2022
Father, please bless the work of my hands and let me have dominion through Your blessings, in Jesus name.
Open Heaven 29 March 2022 Tuesday Hymn
HYMN: O LORD, OUR HELP IN AGES PAST
1. O Lord, our help in ages past,
our hope for years to come,
our shelter from the stormy blast,
and our eternal home:
2. Under the shadow of your throne,
your saints have dwelt secure;
sufficient is your arm alone,
and our defense is sure.
3. Before the hills in order stood,
or earth received her frame,
from everlasting you are God,
to endless years the same.
4. A thousand ages in your sight
are like an evening gone;
short as the watch that ends
the night before the rising sun.