Open Heaven 28 September 2021 MEMORISE: He made known his ways unto Moses, His acts unto the children of Israel. Psalm 103:7
READ: Deuteronomy 8:1-6 Open Heaven 28 September 2021
1. All the commandments which I command thee this day shall ye observe to do, that ye may live, and multiply, and go in and possess the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers.
2. And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.
3. And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.
4. Thy raiment waxed not old upon thee, neither did thy foot swell, these forty years.
5. Thou shalt also consider in thine heart, that, as a man chasteneth his son, so the LORD thy God chasteneth thee.
6. Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to fear him.
Open Heaven 28 September 2021
Bible in One Year: Proverbs 26-27
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 28 September 2021 Tuesday Daily Devotional
Walking with God requires knowing His ways. However, His ways are more often not our ways. The Bible says:
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, Neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are my ways higher than your ways, And my thoughts than your thoughts. – Isaiah 55:8-9. Our memory verse gives us food for thought when it says “He made known his ways unto Moses, His acts unto the children of Israel” – Psalm 103:7.
Moses knew God’s ways but the children of Israel knew only His acts through the miracles they experienced or enjoyed. The lesson here is that it is more blessed to know the ways of God. It is more important to know God’s mind and accept His will than merely seeking miracles. The sad thing about miracle seekers is that they are not always stable, even with what they experience. The children of Israel are typical examples. In our Bible reading today, God says that His people should remember all the ways in which He led them for forty years. He gave them food and water that they did not labour for, by His spoken word.
Even their clothes and sandals did not wear out (Deuteronomy 8:3-4). Today’s Bible reading shows that people of God should not obey Him only because of what they would eat or drink. Many today are on their way to hell because of what they would eat, drink or put on. This is the truth that Jesus knew and quoted victoriously when the devil wanted to trap Him through food in Luke 4:4: And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
Jesus taught His disciples, reassuring them that as long as they walked with God through His word, all their needs would be met. He said in Matthew 6:25:
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Beloved, I encourage you to begin to walk with God according to His word from today and you will experience His almighty benevolence, in Jesus’ name.
Prayer Point: – Open Heaven 28 September 2021
Father, please help me to always trust and take You by Your infallible word, in Jesus’ name.
Open Heaven 28 September 2021 Tuesday Hymn
HYMN: I NEED THEE EVERY HOUR
1. I need Thee every hour,
Most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine
Can peace afford.
I need Thee, Oh, I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee!
Oh, bless me now, my Saviour,
I come to Thee.
2. I need Thee every hour,
Stay Thou near by;
Temptations lose their power
When Thou art nigh.
3. I need Thee every hour,
In joy or pain;
Come quickly, and abide
Or life is vain.
4. I need Thee every hour,
Teach me Thy will;
And Thy rich promises
In me fulfill.
God i need you in my life show me right ways to follow in Jesus name Amen