Open Heaven 28 March 2022 Memorise: Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. John 15:16
Bible Reading: John 15:1-8 Open Heaven 28 March 2022
1. l am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.
2. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.
3. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
4. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.
5. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
6. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.
7. If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
8. Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.
Open Heaven 28 March 2022
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1 Samuel 18:1-30, 1 Samuel 19:1-24
Message: – Open Heaven 28 March 2022 Monday Daily Devotional
How can we know that someone has dominion? To prove that you have dominion, you must have something to show for it. Kings are known in their domain by their power, wisdom, and more importantly, their possessions. In other words, productivity and fruitfulness are proof of dominion.
The story was told of two friends who asked a seer to foretell their future and one was told he would be king while the other was told he would die a pauper. The one who was told that he would become king went home rejoicing and stopped working from that day.
Meanwhile, the other man who was told that he would die a pauper went into the jungle and began to cultivate a farm. Some years later, there was a terrible famine in the land and as people were scouting around for food, they stumbled upon the huge farmland of this determined young man. They begged him to give them large supplies of food so that the townspeople would not die of hunger.
This man agreed to give them food that would last the period of the famine, on one condition. The condition was that they would make him their king. The people agreed and he was made their king. The proof of his dominion as the king was in his ability to feed the people, even in the midst of the famine.
In our memory verse today, our Lord Jesus Christ said that the proof of dominion is fruitfulness. He stated clearly that when we bear fruit and our fruits abide, God will give unto us whatsoever we ask for in His name (John 15:16).
That is dominion! This is a pointer to the fact that only an achiever could say he or she has dominion. You can only achieve if you have God as your Ally because the Bible says that unless the Lord builds the house, the builders build but in vain (Psalms 127:1). To truly have dominion, connect with the Almighty God today.
Prayer Point: – Open Heaven 28 March 2022
Father, please cause me to be fruitful from now on and establish my dominion before the whole world, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 28 March 2022 Monday Hymn
HYMN: I’M PRESSING ON THE UPWARD WAY
1. I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground”.
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith on heaven’s table-land;
Where love and joy and light abound,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
2. My heart has no desire to stay,
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these
abound, my constant aim is higher ground.
3. Beyond the mist I fain would rise,
To rest beneath unclouded skies,
Above earth’s turmoil peace is found
By those who dwell on higher ground.
4. I long to scale the utmost height,
Though rough the way, and hard the fight,
My song while climbing shall resound
Lord lead me on to higher ground.
5. Lord lead me up the mountain side,
I dare not climb without my Guide;
And Heaven gained, I’ll gaze around,
With grateful heart from higher ground.