Open Heaven 27 September 2022 MEMORISE: The king’s heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will. Proverbs 21:1
READ: Psalm 135:1-12 Open Heaven 27 September 2022
1. Praise ye the Lord. Praise ye the name of the Lord; praise him, O ye servants of the Lord.
2. Ye that stand in the house of the Lord, in the courts of the house of our God.
3. Praise the Lord; for the Lord is good: sing praises unto his name; for it is pleasant.
4. For the Lord hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.
5. For I know that the Lord is great, and that our Lord is above all gods.
6. Whatsoever the Lord pleased, that did he in heaven, and in earth, in the seas, and all deep places.
7. He causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings for the rain; he bringeth the wind out of his treasuries.
8. Who smote the firstborn of Egypt, both of man and beast.
9. Who sent tokens and wonders into the midst of thee, O Egypt, upon Pharaoh, and upon all his servants.
10. Who smote great nations, and slew mighty kings;
11. Sihon king of the Amorites, and Og king of Bashan, and all the kingdoms of Canaan:
12. And gave their land for an heritage, an heritage unto Israel his people.
Open Heaven 27 September 2022
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Daniel 12:1-13, Hosea 1:1-11, Hosea 2:1-23, Hosea 3:1-5
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 27 September 2022 Tuesday Daily Devotional
Our memory verse today says that the hearts of kings are in God’s hands and He turns them whichever way He pleases. This should tell you that the greatest connection you can ever have is the one you have to God. If you have God as your friend, anyone you need help from will have no choice but to favour you because their hearts are in His hands.
Many years ago, we wanted to get The Redeemed Christian Church of God registered in a foreign country. Everybody told us that it was not possible as that country does not register Pentecostal Churches. We insisted and asked them to just submit our papers. After some time, we got the registration papers. Some years later, we needed approval for a project and so we applied for it.
The government officials then sent us a letter saying that we could not be approved because we weren’t even registered in the first place. We replied that we were registered, attaching our registration papers to the letter and they were all surprised, wondering how we got registered. I was just laughing because my Daddy is the one in control.
I prophesy into your life; wherever it is that you need favour, before the person in power realizes it, he or she would have favoured you already in Jesus’ name.
My God doesn’t only control kings, He controls other things. In Matthew 8:23-27, He controlled a raging storm. In Numbers 22:28-30, He controlled the voice box of a donkey. In Exodus 14:16-28, He controlled the Red Sea and made a path in between the sea for His people to pass through. The Bible says that the whole world is His footstool (Acts 7:49).
In other words, you are under His feet. If you submit to His will, He will control things in your favour (Romans 8:28), but if you decide to fight Him, He can control things to go against you. Outside this world, He is also in control of the gates of heaven and hell. If you live holy, He will open the gates of heaven for you to come in but if you live a life of sin, He will shut the gates of heaven and the only other place such a person can go is hell. Which one would you rather go to – Heaven or hell?
Key Point: – Open Heaven 27 September 2022
God is the one in control of everything befriend Him today so that all can be well with you.
Open Heaven 27 September 2022 HYMN: My Hope Is Built On Nothing Less
1 My hope is built on nothing less
than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
but wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand:
all other ground is sinking sand;
all other ground is sinking sand.
2 When darkness veils his lovely face,
I rest on his unchanging grace;
in every high and stormy gale,
my anchor holds within the veil.
3 His oath, his covenant, his blood,
support me in the whelming flood;
when all around my soul gives way,
he then is all my hope and stay.
4 When he shall come with trumpet sound,
O may I then in him be found:
dressed in his righteousness alone,
faultless to stand before the throne.