Open Heaven 25 April 2022 MEMORIZE: I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked. Psalms 26:5
Bible Reading 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 Open Heaven 25 April 2022
14. Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15. And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16. And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.
18. And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Open Heaven 25 April 2022
Bible Reading In One Year: 2 Kings 24:1-20, 2 Kings 25:1-30, 1 Chronicles 1:1-54
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 25 April 2022 Monday Daily Devotional
In continuation of our enquiry from yesterday into why Peter denied Jesus, let us look at Mark 14:54 again: “And Peter followed him afar off, even into the palace of the high priest: and he sat with the servants, and warmed himself at the fire.”
When Peter followed Jesus from afar into the palace of the high priest, he chose to sit with the servants. Who were these servants? Mark 14:65 gives us an insight into the kind of people they were: “And some began to spit on him, and to cover his face, and to buffet him, and to say unto him, Prophesy: and the servants did strike him with the palms of their hands.”
These servants were the same ones striking Jesus with the palms of their hands and Peter was sitting with them. In Proverbs 21:16, the Bible talks about the congregation of the dead. This is a congregation of people that do things against the will of God. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were able to stand strong, refusing to deny their God because they were in the company of fellow believers and not unbelievers.
1 Corinthians 15:33 says: “Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.” If you spend a lot of time with people who are always talking about the latest clothes and television shows, gossiping about others, planning on how to commit sin right there in front of you, 1 Corinthians 15:33 says they would corrupt you.
The more of such sinful and worldly conversations you expose yourself to, the weaker your commitment to Christ would be. Eventually, you would find yourself doing things that you have earlier vowed never to do. Leave the congregation of the dead. 2 Corinthians 6:14 instructs you thus: “Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?”
Key Point – Open Heaven 25 April 2022
Are your current friends and associates bringing you closer to Jesus or compelling you to deny Him every now and then?
Open Heaven 25 April 2022 Monday Hymn
HOLD THE FORT
1. Ho, my comrades, see the signal
Waving in the sky!
Reinforcements now appearing
Victory is nigh.
“Hold the fort, for I am coming,”
Jesus signals still;
Wave the answer back to Heaven,
“By Thy grace we will.
2. See the mighty host advancing
Satan leading on;
Mighty ones around us falling
Courage almost gone!
3. See the glorious banner waving!
Hear the trumpet blow!
In our Leader’s Name we triumph
Over every foe.
4. Fierce and long the battle rages
But our help is near;
Onward comes our great Commander
Cheer, my comrades, cheer!