Open Heaven 22 December 2022 Memorize: And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. 2 Peter 2:2
Bible Reading: Ezekiel 36:20-23 Open Heaven 22 December 2022
20. And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, they profaned my holy name, when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land.
21. But I had pity for mine holy name, which the house of Israel had profaned among the heathen, whither they went.
22. Therefore say unto the house of Israel, thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name’s sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.
23. And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.
Open Heaven 22 December 2022
Bible Reading In One Year: Hebrews 13:1-25, James 1:1-27, James 2:1-26, James 3:1-18
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 22 December 2022 Thursday Daily Devotional
When we refuse to let the light of Jesus shine through our lives by the way we live, we hinder others from coming to the glorious Lord. The gospel of Jesus Christ is sometimes mocked on account of many so-called believers.
Romans 2:24 tells us: “For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.” Don’t let this be your testimony, where heaven would say that you are the one hindering someone from coming to the knowledge of the Most High.
Gods will is that all men would be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 2:4). It is a dangerous thing for you to be the reason someone would not choose to come to Christ.
Hophni and Phinehas – sons of Eli the priest, abused their positions until the people started to despise the Lords offering. Their end was not good (1 Samuel 2:12-17, 4:11). Romans 14:13. says: “Let us not therefore judge one another anymore: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in his brother’s way.”
It is better not to be known as a Christian than to be known as one, but still be living like a sinner. While you may be deceiving yourself, you are also putting a stumbling block on the way for sinners who should come to know the Lord.
As long as they keep seeing the way you live, they would think, Well, his life is not different from mine. Why should I become a Christian? Don’t claim to be a Christian if you won’t live like Christ. Many people have used their lives to hinder the salvation of others. These people will receive the judgement of God if they do not change. God did not give His only begotten Son Jesus Christ, so that someone somewhere would be playing games with the souls of men.
If He paid the high price by giving Jesus Christ for us so we can be saved from eternal damnation, then you can be sure that He will do anything possible – including disgracing a hypocrite who claims to be a Christian so He can save more sinners. Don’t stand in God’s way. Live a life that pleases God, so you would be found to be on His side when He is fighting all the demons keeping people in the prison.
Key Point – Open Heaven 22 December 2022
Don’t claim to be a Christian if you won’t live like Christ.
Open Heaven 22 December 2022 Thursday Hymn
Hymn:- I’m Pressing On The Upward Way
1. I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith on heaven’s table-land;
Where love and joy and light abound,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
2. My heart has no desire to stay,
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where
My constant aim is higher ground.
3. Beyond the mist I fain would rise,
To rest beneath unclouded skies,
Above earth’s turmoil peace is found
By those who dwell on higher ground.
4. I long to scale the utmost height,
Though rough the way, and hard the fight,
My song while climbing shall resound
Lord lead me on to higher ground.
5. Lord lead me up the mountain side,
I dare not climb without my Guide;
And heaven gained, I’ll gaze around,
With grateful heart from higher ground.