Open Heaven 21 August 2022 Memorize: My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction: Proverbs 3:11
Bible Reading: Revelation 3:19-22 Open Heaven 21 August 2022
19. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
11. My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:
12. For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
Open Heaven 21 August 2022
Bible Reading In One Year: Isaiah 60:1-22, Isaiah 61:1-11, Isaiah 62:1-12, Isaiah 63:1-19, Isaiah 64:1-12 , Isaiah 65:1-25
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 21 August 2022 Sunday Daily Devotional
“As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.” Revelation 3:19 Jesus told the Laodiceans that He was rebuking and chastening them because He loved them.
If you love your son, you will chasten him when he is going the wrong way. It is only a father who hates his child that will watch him or her go the wrong way and keep quiet. “He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.” Proverbs 13:24.
In 2020 when I came out to say that the Lord was using the Coronavirus to draw the world’s attention back to Himself, many people said I was implying that God does not love the world anymore and He was punishing them. How dare I say that the Lord does not love the world when He Himself said in John 3:16 that He loves the world. It is because He loves the world that He chastens us when we are going wrong. He can see the end from the beginning, He can see the destruction the world is calling to itself by ignoring Him, so He will chasten us.
When God loves you, expect some strokes of the cane whenever you step out of line because He chastens those He loves. However, when God decides to leave a person, it is very dangerous. When God has corrected a fellow several times but he or she refuses to change, He will leave such a person alone as he or she is headed for destruction (Romans 1:28 Proverbs 29:1).
Have you been ignoring Gods rebuke over something you are doing wrong? Soon, you will stop hearing the rebuke, as in the case of Ephraim, when God said he should be left alone (Hosea 4:17) When God rebukes a person, he or she should immediately run back to Him in repentance because if He decides to keep quiet, that person is finished. A word is enough for the wise.
Key Point: Open Heaven 21 August 2022 Sunday
Change your ways immediately God rebukes and chastens you so that He will not leave you to perish.
Open Heaven 21 August 2022 Sunday Hymn
Hymn: ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER
1. All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
I surrender all,
I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Saviour,
I surrender all.
2. All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow;
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
3. All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
4. All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame;
O the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!