Open Heaven 2 February 2022 Memorise: And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Mark 9:45
READ: Luke 16:19-24 Open Heaven 2 February 2022
19. There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
20. And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21. And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23. And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
Open Heaven 2 February 2022
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Leviticus 8:1-36, Leviticus 9:1-24, Leviticus 10:1-20
Message: – Open Heaven 2 February 2022 Wednesday Daily Devotional
We discussed the wonders of heaven yesterday, concluding that it is better to experience them and avoid the horrors of hell by all means. Today, we shall look at some reasons we must avoid spending our eternity in hell. The horrors of hell are indeed many, but we shall consider only a few of them today. The first horror of hell that comes to mind can be found in Revelation 20:10 and Revelation 21:8.
Hell is going to be a great gathering of all evil spirits and every abominable human being that ever lived on the face of the earth. The devil himself will be in that eternally miserable assembly. Just imagine being in the company of demons, witches and wizards, and at the same time having all unrepentant wicked persons, warlords, cannibals, terrorists and notorious killers who ever lived, gathered together in a single location.
Imagine the oppression, harassment, horror, and trembling that would characterize life in such a place. Everyone there will be in agonizing pain; anger and misery will fill the entire place. There will be unspeakable weeping and expressions of pain and agony. The Bible puts it this way in Matthew 13:50: “And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth”
This takes us to the second horror of hell: the fire is unquenchable, the heat is terrible, the agony and pain are unbearable.
Furthermore, this agonizing torment lasts forever. The terrible heat in hell makes a drop of water far more precious than billions of any currency in this world.
The Bible, in Luke 16:23-24 tells us that the rich man in hell lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
The unquenchable fire of hell brought about horrifying agony and thirst in the rich man, so much so that he longed for just a drop of water to cool himself, to no avail.
Beloved, the only way to escape the horrors of hell is to accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, surrender all to Him and live a righteous life through the help of the Holy Spirit.
PRAYER POINT: – Open Heaven 2 February 2022
Father, by Your grace, I refuse to be a candidate of hell, in Jesus name.
Open Heaven 2 February 2022 Wednesday Hymn
HYMN: CONQUERORS AND OVERCOMERS NOW ARE WE
1. Conquerors and overcomers now are we,
Thro’ the precious blood of Christ we’ve victory
If the Lord be for us, we can never fail,
Nothing ‘gainst His mighty pow’r can e’er prevail.
Conquerors are we, thro’ the blood, thro’ the blood,
God will give us victory, thro’ the blood, thro’ the blood
Thro’ the Lamb for sinners slain,
Yet who lives and reigns again,
More than conquerors are we,
More than conquerors are we.
2. In the name of Israel’s God we’ll onward press,
Overcoming sin and all unrighteousness;
Not to us, but unto Him the praise shall be,
For salvation and for blood-bought victory.
3. Unto him that overcometh shall be giv’n,
Here to eat of hidden manna sent from heav’n,
Over yonder he the victor’s palm shall bear,
And a robe of white, and golden crown shall wear.