Open Heaven 19 May 2020 Memorise: Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverb 22:6
Read: Proverbs 22:1-12 Open Heaven 19 May 2020
1 A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.
2 The rich and poor meet together: the Lord is the maker of them all.
3 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
4 By humility and the fear of the Lord are riches, and honour, and life.
5 Thorns and snares are in the way of the froward: he that doth keep his soul shall be far from them.
6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
7 The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender.
8 He that soweth iniquity shall reap vanity: and the rod of his anger shall fail.
9 He that hath a bountiful eye shall be blessed; for he giveth of his bread to the poor.
10 Cast out the scorner, and contention shall go out; yea, strife and reproach shall cease.
11 He that loveth pureness of heart, for the grace of his lips the king shall be his friend.
12 The eyes of the Lord preserve knowledge, and he overthroweth the words of the transgressor.
Open Heaven 19 May 2020
Bible in one year: Psalms 5, 38, 41,-42
Hymnal: Sing hymn 6
Message: – Open Heaven 19 May 2020 Tuesday Daily Devotional
The survival of Christianity is threatened if we refuse to raise our children the godly way. If that happens. We would have failed as parents.
“Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.” Proverbs 22:15
It is important that we train children in the way of the Lord because whatever they learn early in life trends to remain with them for a long time, if not forever. This means that children will grow with knowledge, ignorance or half-truths. What do you want them to grow with?
To have a future generation of true Christians, we must deliberately teach our children what God requires of them because soon, leadership will rest on their shoulders.
Open Heaven 19 May 2020 Tuesday
What does God require of His children?
1. Reverence and obedience: Ecclesiastes 12:13-14 says the duty of man is to fear God and obey Him. we must teach the coming generation the fear of God which is the beginning of wisdom (Proverbs 1:7). They must get wisdom.
2. Work: 2nd Thessalonians 3:10 says whatsoever will not work should not eat. Tell them eating the food of idleness is not a mark of a Christian.
3. Trust: Human efforts shall fail (Psalm 127:1), hence, they should be taught to depend solely on God.
4. Holiness: Without holiness, no man shall see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14). We must prepare them to be pure brides.
5. Love: Charity is the greatest virtues (1st Corinthians 13:13). Teach them to love like Christ, not just in words, but in deed and in truth (1st John 3:18).
6. Give: If they love like Christ, they should also learn to give to God’s work and to the needy (Proverbs 11:25)
7. Evangelism: Teach them to win souls. Proverbs 11:30 says that soul-winners are wise.
If we are faithful – as a Church and as parents, God will be pleased and a future generation of genuine Christians will be guaranteed.
Prayer Point – Open Heaven 19 May 2020
Parents and the Church should engage in conscious efforts to offer quality discipleship training for our children, teenagers and youths.
I hope you enjoyed the Open Heaven for Today Devotional? If yes Kindly share this devotional to your social media account using the button below, be proud of what you believe and you might be a blessing to others. Open Heaven 19 May 2020 Tuesday, Also You can Read Yesterdays Open heavens Open Heavens 18 May 2020 Monday.