Open Heaven 17 March 2022 Memorise: How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? Romans 10:14
Bible Reading: Romans 10:1-14 Open Heaven 17 March 2022
1. Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
2. For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.
3. For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
4. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
5. For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
6. But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)
7. Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
8. But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12. For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13. For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
14. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
Open Heaven 17 March 2022
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Judges 8-9
Message: – Open Heaven 17 March 2022 Thursday Daily Devotional
Brethren, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. – (Romans 10:1)
The above passage is Paul’s heart’s desire for his country What is the desire of your heart for your country? Are you happy seeing the people of your country on their way to hell? Are you happy seeing the youths become more and more perverse by the day? If not, then you should do something about it.
If you really love the people of your country, then you would not keep salvation to yourself rather, you would preach to them and lead them to Christ. Start from your village.
When I became born again, the first major assignment I did for God was to establish a Church in my village. I did it because my desire was to see my kindred getting to know the Lord Jesus Christ. I wanted them all to also enjoy the peace and joy that I now had. I couldn’t bear to watch them on their way to hell.
If you take note, you will see that just as Paul described the people of Israel in our Bible reading today, your people also have a desire to know God. They yearn to connect with that Supreme Being who is in control of all things, but they are often ignorant as to the identity of the one true God and how to connect with Him.
Believe me, when you preach to them, they will be very grateful to you for showing them the narrow path to God. Don’t deprive them of that knowledge and the opportunity to spend eternity in heaven rather than hell. Even if it is only one soul that you are able to lead to Christ amongst your people, that one soul will be eternally grateful to you when he or she gets to heaven. All the effort to win that one soul would have been well worth it.
Your people need God, they want to call on Him, but they cannot do so except they know Him. They cannot know Him except someone preaches to them. Why don’t you make yourself available as the bridge between them and God today? Imagine you bringing Jesus Christ to your village.
Imagine people coming to your village to receive healings and miracles just because of you. Imagine how much God can do in and for your country just because you preached the gospel there. Don’t deny your people of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Prayer Point: – Open Heaven 17 March 2022
Preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to at least one member of your family today.
Open Heaven 17 March 2022 Thursday Hymn
HYMN: HO! MY COMRADES, SEE THE SIGNAL
1. Ho, my comrades, see the signal
Waving in the sky!
Reinforcements now appearing
Victory is nigh.
“Hold the fort, for I am coming,”
Jesus signals still;
Wave the answer back to Heaven,
“By Thy grace we will.
2. See the mighty host advancing
Satan leading on;
Mighty ones around us falling
Courage almost gone!
3. See the glorious banner waving!
Hear the trumpet blow!
In our Leader’s Name we triumph
Over every foe.
4. Fierce and long the battle rages
But our help is near;
Onward comes our great Commander
Cheer, my comrades, cheer!