Open Heaven 17 February 2022 Memorise: But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. James 1:22
Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 28:1-7 Open Heaven 17 February 2022
1. And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
2. And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.
3. Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.
4. Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
5. Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.
6. Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
7. The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.
Open Heaven 17 February 2022
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Numbers 16:1-50, Numbers 17:1-13
Message: – Open Heaven 17 February 2022 Thursday Daily Devotional
A promise is the express assurance to fulfil a purpose; thus expectations are built on it. The promises of God reveal His purposes for us. However, the fulfilment of these promises will be dependent upon our diligent obedience to God. Diligent obedience can be described as strict, prompt and consistent adherence to the commandments of God. It is God’s expectation from us all and it is vital to the fulfilment of His promises in our lives.
No matter the number of times we say ‘Amen’ to prayers and claim the promises of God, without diligent obedience, very little progress will be recorded. Indeed, God’s promises are irrevocable, and He is faithful to fulfil them all. We, however, must play our part by obeying Him wholly and promptly.
In 1979 I went with my Father-in-the-Lord to Kenneth Hagin’s camp meeting in the United States of America in the company of four others. That was our first trip to the USA. The meeting ended on a Saturday, and we decided to worship with them the following Sunday.
During the service, the preacher suddenly walked over to my Father-in-the-Lord and said, “Thus saith the Lord: What I told you several years ago will soon be fulfilled”. The preacher then returned to the pulpit to continue his message.
When we got to our hotel later that day, and I told him what the preacher said (I had to translate the sermon and prophecy from English to Yoruba so he could fully understand the message), he broke down in tears, saying that, at the beginning of the RCCG, the Lord had promised that the Church would spread throughout the world. As at the time of this camp meeting, the Church had only 39 parishes in addition to the Headquarters church, but today, we have thousands of parishes spread across 197 nations of the world.
Thank God that my Father-in-the Lord obeyed God’s call and instructions to the letter, in turn, God fulfilled His promises. This season, the Lord will fulfil all His promises in your life, in the mighty name of Jesus. Diligent obedience guarantees the fulfilment of God’s promises in our lives. Beloved, make up your mind to diligently obey the Lord at all times and in all things.
Prayer Point – Open Heaven 17 February 2022
Father, please help me to obey You wholly and promptly in all things, in Jesus’ name.
Open Heaven 17 February 2022 Thursday Hymn
HYMN: WHEN WE WALK WITH THE LORD
1. When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way,
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey,
For there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away,
Not a doubt or a fear,
Not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay,
Not a grief nor a loss,
Not a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay,
For the favour He shows,
And the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way,
What He says we will do,
Where He sends, we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.