Open Heaven 14 October 2022 MEMORISE: Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you. Matthew 9:29
READ: Romans 4:16-20 Open Heaven 14 October 2022
16. Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
17. (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.
18. Who against hope believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which was spoken, So shall thy seed be.
19. And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah’s womb:
20. He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God;
Open Heaven 14 October 2022
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 18:1-35, Matthew 19:1-30 , Matthew 20:1-34
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 14 October 2022 Friday Daily Devotional
“But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarded of them that diligently seek him.”
Hebrews 11:6 Many people do not receive from God because they do not have faith. In one of our Holy Ghost Services at the Redemption Camp in Nigeria, God said He wanted to
heal people with back pains, so He told me to call them out. When they came out, God told me to dance round them. Ridiculous as it seemed, I obeyed. I danced round them and at some point, God told me to stop. Then He said, Ask them to bend their backs now. I did so, and they could touch their toes; the back pains were gone. You need faith to get miracles. You need to believe Him even when what He is saying seems ridiculous. In Matthew 14:25-31, Jesus told Peter to come and walk on water and Peter jumped into the sea immediately. As long as he wasn’t considering the storm, he was walking on the water. The moment he considered the storm, however, he began to sink.
If we want to enjoy miracles from God, we must shut our eyes and ears to the reasons why it may not happen. We must just believe God for what He has said and ignore everything else. If Abraham had considered his age, he would not have fathered a child, but Romans 4:19 says:
“And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah’s womb:”
In Mark 3:1-5, Jesus told the man with the withered hand to stretch it forth. If the man had refused to stretch his hand, he would have missed his miracle. Imagine if Peter had questioned the Lord when Jesus told him to cast his net into the water even though he had fished all night and caught nothing (Luke 5:4-6). You don’t need to bother your head about how God will do it; just obey and you will see the miracle, otherwise, you would lose it.
Key Points: – Open Heaven 14 October 2022
Are you acting by faith?
Open Heaven 14 October 2022 Friday Hymn
HYMN: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
O let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!
2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
O may my love to Thee
Pure, warm and changeless be
A living fire!
3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
4. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Saviour, then, in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul.