Open Heaven 14 May 2022 Memorise: As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly. Proverbs 26:11
Bible Reading: Hebrews 6:4-8 Open Heaven 14 May 2022
4. For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
5. And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
6. If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
7. For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
8. But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.
BIBLE IN YEAR: 2 Chronicles 32:1-23, Ezra 1:1-11, Ezra 2:1-70, Ezra 3:1-13
Message: – Open Heaven 14 May 2022 Saturday Daily Devotional
In Genesis 13:1-18, Abraham gave Lot the opportunity of choosing where he would settle. As soon as Lot made his choice, Abraham chose another place to settle in, so as to avoid their men fighting. The Bible says that Lot chose to settle in Sodom because it looked very attractive, like the land of Egypt. Note that Egypt was very well known for all kinds of sins in those days.
By Genesis 14:1-24, Lot had gotten into trouble; because he was living in Sodom, he got captured along with the Sodomites when there was a battle. Abraham heard that his nephew had been captured, so he went after the army and rescued him.
In Genesis 19:1-38, when God sent angels to Sodom, who did the angels meet at the gate? Lot. If you made a wrong choice before and God rescued you, is it not foolishness to go back to that same mistake? Some people say you can backslide as many times as you want, after all, the prodigal son was received by his father when he returned.
How many times did the prodigal son leave the house? He left only once. Thus, if you think that the story of the prodigal son is an excuse for falling into sin again and again, you are deceiving yourself. My prayer is that if you have made any wrong choice, the Almighty God will correct you today and give you the grace never to repeat your mistakes. Lot went back to Sodom and eventually lost everything. The following Scriptures tell us the end of Lots children who are the Moabites and Ammonites: “And Moab shall be destroyed from being a people, because he hath magnified himself against the Lord. Jeremiah 48:42”
“Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will cause an alarm of war to be heard in Rabbah of the Ammonites; and it shall be a desolate heap, and her daughters shall be burned with fire: then shall Israel be heir unto them that were his heirs, saith the Lord. Jeremiah 49:2”
Proverbs 29:1 says the one who is often reproved but hardens his neck shall perish suddenly and without repentance. Be careful. If you have fallen before and God has corrected and delivered you, don’t make that mistake again.
KEY POINT – Open Heaven 14 May 2022
Don’t return to your vomit.
Open Heaven 14 May 2022 Friday
HYMN: HOLD THE FORT
1. Ho, my comrades, see the signal
Waving in the sky!
Reinforcements now appearing
Victory is nigh.
“Hold the fort, for I am coming,”
Jesus signals still;
Wave the answer back to Heaven,
“By Thy grace we will.
2. See the mighty host advancing
Satan leading on;
Mighty ones around us falling
Courage almost gone!
3. See the glorious banner waving!
Hear the trumpet blow!
In our Leader’s Name we triumph
Over every foe.
4. Fierce and long the battle rages
But our help is near;
Onward comes our great Commander
Cheer, my comrades, cheer!