Open Heaven 13 August 2021 MEMORISE: So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God. Luke 12:21
READ: Romans 8:1-8 Open Heaven 13 August 2021
1. There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh;
4. That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5. For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Open Heaven 13 August 2021
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalms 96-98
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 13 August 2021 Friday Daily Devotional
People believe that the poor are automatically candidates of heaven, hence they are blessed. This is a misconception of what Jesus meant in His Sermon on the Mount, according to today’s Bible reading. No matter how poor or rich a person may be, if he or she is not reconciled with God through Jesus Christ, such a person cannot make heaven. The Bible says:
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. – 3rd John 1:2
The truth is that whether a person is rich or poor, he or she will make it to Heaven only if the admission condition is met. What is this condition? Jesus Christ said to Nicodemus in John 3:3:…Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Spiritual bankruptcy could mean that a person is not born again, that the fellow lacks what it takes to please God, that is, faith in the Son of God Hebrews 11:6. Spiritual bankruptcy could also mean that the fellow lacks the fruit of the Spirit and would therefore fulfill the lusts of the flesh Galatians 5:16-23. When a person is spiritually bankrupt, the fellow will be ruled by sin rather than the Spirit of God. The Bible further says:
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. – 1 Corinthians 6:9-10
The woes of being spiritually bankrupt, however, are many. A spiritually bankrupt fellow will not be able to receive answers to his or her prayers, according to Isaiah 59:1-3. The fellow will become easy prey to the devil according to 1 Peter 5:8. Such a fellow will not have spiritual insight into the future and thus, walk into avoidable dangers. The solution to spiritual bankruptcy is new life in Jesus Christ.
Beloved, give your life totally to Jesus today, if you are still a sinner. If need be, rededicate your life to God for spiritual guidance and breakthrough. He will receive you.
Prayer Point: – Open Heaven 13 August 2021
Father, please help me to be live in abundance – spiritually, physically, materially and materially in the name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 13 August 2021 Friday Hymns
Hymns – JESUS, MY LORD, MY GOD, MY ALL
1. Jesus, my Lord, my God, my all,
hear me, blest Savior, when I call;
hear me, and from thy dwelling place
pour down the riches of thy grace.
Jesus, my Lord, I thee adore;
O make me love thee more and more.
2. Jesus, too late I thee have sought;
how can I love thee as I ought?
And how extol thy matchless fame,
the glorious beauty of thy name?
3. Jesus, what didst thou find in me
that thou hast dealt so lovingly?
How great the joy that thou hast brought,
so far exceeding hope or thought!
4. Jesus, of thee shall be my song;
to thee my heart and soul belong;
all that I have or am is thine,
and thou, blest Savior, thou art mine.