Open Heaven 12 September 2022 MEMORISE: Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work. John 4:34
READ: Luke 2:40-49 Open Heaven 12 September 2022
40. And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.
41. Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover.
42. And when he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the feast.
43. And when they had fulfilled the days, as they returned, the child Jesus tarried behind in Jerusalem; and Joseph and his mother knew not of it.
44. But they, supposing him to have been in the company, went a day’s journey; and they sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintance.
45. And when they found him not, they turned back again to Jerusalem, seeking him.
46. And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.
47. And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.
48. And when they saw him, they were amazed: and his mother said unto him, Son, why hast thou thus dealt with us? behold, thy father and I have sought thee sorrowing.
49. And he said unto them, How is it that ye sought me? wist ye not that I must be about my Father’s business?
Open Heaven 12 September 2022
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 17:1-24, Ezekiel 18:1-32, Ezekiel 19:1-14
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 12 September 2022 Monday Daily Devotional
How I wish that men would know the purpose of God for their lives and run with it with so much vigour that it becomes like food to them. I don’t know what I will be doing on this earth if I am not fulfilling the purpose for which He brought me into this world. Jesus Christ said in our memory verse today that His food is to do Gods will.
If you have not asked God why He sent you to this world, please ensure that you do so today and don’t stop asking until you get a clear answer. If you are determined to ensure that His purpose for bringing you into this world is fulfilled then it will show in the choices you make.
If you are so focused on doing His will that it is like food to you, you will make some very bold choices in order to fulfil that purpose. When I made the choice of leaving my job as a lecturer to become a full-time Pastor over a Church that could barely pay me any salary, people said i was crazy, but the will of the One who sent me was my meat so I never turned back.
Now that Gods will is coming to pass and His glory is beginning to shine, those people who thought I was crazy are now glorifying God for my life. Jesus Christ did not only say that His meat is to do the will of the Father, but also to finish the Father’s work.
Some start off doing the will of the Father, but along the way that zeal wanes. They find meat in something else other than the will of God. The reason for this is that the sent has lost touch with the sender. I pray that God will give you the grace to finish strong in Jesus name.
If you are still very much in touch with the one who sent you to this world, in the middle of your conversations, He will keep encouraging you and restating His will for you. You will come out of every encounter with Him with a determination to do more for Him.
The will of God for my life has remained my meat for over 40 years now. He keeps showing me new dimensions of His will. Whenever He tells me something new, my strength is renewed and I can move on. If you remain in touch with the One who has sent you, He will give you the grace to finish His work.
Prayer Point: – Open Heaven 12 September 2022
Are you so passionate about Gods will for your life that it is as essential as food is to your survival?
Open Heaven 12 September 2022 Monday Hymn
HYMN: O Lord My God, When I In Awesome Wonder
1 Oh Lord, my God
When I, in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder
Thy power throughout the universe displayed
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God to Thee
How great Thou art,
How great Thou art
Then sings my soul,
My Saviour God to Thee,
How great Thou art,
How great Thou art
2 When through the woods,
And forest glades i wander,
And hear the birds,
Sing sweetly in the trees,
When I look down,
From lofty mountain grandeur,
And hear the Brook,
And feel the gentle breeze
3 And when I think,
That God, His Son not sparing,
Sent Him to die,
I scare can take it in,
That on the cross,
My burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died
To take away my sin.
4 When Christ shall come, With shout of acclamation And take me home,
What joy shall fill my heart Then I shall bow,
In humble adoration And then proclaim,
My God, how great Thou art