Open Heaven 10 September 2022 MEMORISE: I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: Isaiah 45:5
READ: Romans 9:17-24 Open Heaven 10 September 2022
17. For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18. Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
19. Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
20. Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
21. Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
22. What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23. And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24. Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
Open Heaven 10 September 2022
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 9:1-11, Ezekiel 10:1-22, Ezekiel 11:1-25, Ezekiel 12:1-28, Ezekiel 13:1-23
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 10 September 2022 Saturday Daily Devotional
Once in a while, God likes to brag. At such times, you would hear Him say things like: “Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. Isaiah 44:6”
Whenever God brags, it is because He wants to teach someone or a group of people a lesson. God was going to deal with Pharaoh normally, sending Moses to him to free His people, but the king challenged the Almighty God in Exodus 5:2 and the Lord hardened his heart. This led to the destruction of Pharaoh and his army without God lifting a sword. This incident made every nation fear the God of the Israelites.
God still brags today. If anyone or nation tries to belittle Him, He still shows them that He is the Almighty, that He is still sitting on His throne. Some years ago, my children were organising a programme to dedicate a new Church building in a foreign country and I was to preach there.
When they applied for permission to hold the programme, a government official decided to do everything he could to ensure that it wouldn’t hold. When it was close to the set date, this government official tripped while trying to put on his trousers and landed in the hospital. He eventually died with the two legs still in one trouser hole. The man himself dug his own grave when he decided to contend with God and the Lord showed His greatness through him. I recall another incident that occurred in a town in Nigeria.
The king of the town had given his life to Christ, so he made a decree that they would no longer hold a particular festival in which they worshipped idols. The chief priest got angry at this decree and decided to hold the festival. One week to the festival, he died. The person appointed in his place wanted to go ahead with the festival but also died a week to the new date.
When they appointed someone else to take his place, that one obeyed the king’s order and said, I don’t want the God of the king to kill me. If you want to live long, don’t challenge the Almighty God, because He will use you to teach others a lesson.
Prayer Point: – Open Heaven 10 September 2022
Anyone who challenges God and refuses to repent will end up as a lesson to others.
Open Heaven 10 September 2022 Hymn
HYMN: O WORSHIP THE KING
1. O worship the King all glorious above,
O gratefully sing His power and His love:
our Shield and Defender, the
Ancient of Days,
pavilioned in splendour and girded with praise.
2. O tell of His might, O sing of His grace,
whose robe is the light, whose canopy space.
His chariots of wrath the deep
Thunder clouds form,
and dark is His path on the wings of the storm.
3. Thy bountiful care, what tongue can recite?
It breathes in the air, it shines in the light;
It streams from the hills, it descends to the plain,
and sweetly distils in the dew and the rain.
4. Frail children of dust, and feeble as frail,
in Thee do we trust, nor find Thee to fail.
Your mercies, how tender, how firm to the end,
our Maker, Defender, Redeemer, and Friend!
5. O measureless Might, ineffable Love,
While angels delight to hymn Thee above!
The humbler creation, though feeble their lays,
with true adoration shall lisp to Thy praise!
God help and give me the grace to always obedience to your word and leave by it and to always look up to you